View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 05:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
pgfpro
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Would you kindly explain your steps in more detail for those of us pirates who do not do anything?
1) The 3m Weld Mask is a one side sticky paper that's used for welding spark. I used it to simulate what it would look like on the bumper. Plus it doubles as a stencil. So you can stick it to the bumper and see what it looks like. Then I used 3/4" masking tape and ran it on the outline of the 3m Weld stencil so later I can match it up to drill the holes.

2) Then I laid the 3m weld mask stencil on on my poly carbonate sheet that measures 14' x 8'. I did a rough first cut with a cut off wheel and kept the corners straight at 90 degrees.

3) Then I used a 3" dia. 80 grit roloc to round the corners.

4) Then I put the poly carbonate grill covers in the 3/4" masking tape outline and pre drilled all the holes and installed them with #10 screws. Then I took them back off and pulled the back side of the protective film off to apply paint.

5) Then I painted three coat's of the SEM brand "Bumper Coater" on the back side. You can find this at your local Automotive Paint Jobber store.

6) Then I let that dry for a hour before removing the front side protective film coating. The film coating serves as a making when painting.

7) Re-installed them back onto the bumper with #10 screws.

After thinking about it you don't even need to take the bumper off.