View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 08:43 AM   #61 (permalink)
NH scrap
EcoModding Lurker

pizza runner - '94 toyota corolla dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
No state inspections here yet Even if there was, I can clear the code b4 it.

99% of my cars were OBD1 (1990-1994) and the biggest problem I had with them was rust, and they were all american made. Since I switched to Toyota... havn't had any major problems, including the rust ordeal lol. I do like the OBD2 for the instant mgp abilities, and the scanners are much easier to get for them.
we have to plug our OBD2 cars into the computer at the inspection station
(this is once a year)
the problem is the if you just cleared a code the thing will rat you out
you will be told to come back in 200 miles to see if it shows back up.
i had a 2003 corolla & did get 40mpg with it combined & i was moving rite along when i was on the highways if i remember i think i could have gotten a solid 43 to 45 mpg with it by just making a few small changes to the way i drove it. i ended up selling it when i was driving tractor trailer coast to coast
i was never home to drive it anyhow.

i got some numbers from my 94'
361 miles driven 8.877 gallons used till the fuel light came on
so 40.66 mpg. about 70% of that was city driving so i would say those are dam good numbers.we also have some hills around here too.
i have slowed down to about 60mph from 65 on my drive to work.
i gave 55 mph a shot but i had so dam many tailgaters & blowing horns from these Massholes that come up here on vacation & want to drive 80mph everywhere they go. i figured it would be best atleast for now to go with 60mph. i guess i need a big sticker on the back of the car so they know what's up.........?

take care