View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #236 (permalink)
NH scrap
EcoModding Lurker

pizza runner - '94 toyota corolla dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
I have a little oil pan 4 business venture I am going to try.
Build new trailers from scrap yard metal and bits of trailers left at the scrap yard.
I bought enough I-beam steel Friday to make about 2 trailer frames for $60 and there is more to be had.
I have numerous 2'' and 1-7/8'' couplers, set of trailer leaf springs, a few trailer brake lights in my junk collection.
There are several 3500 trailer axles (with springs) at the scrap yard with bad tires and rims, said axles appear to take GM 5 lug wheels, which I have a set of 15s I would like to be rid of.
I would like to reduce the junk pile in my garage and line my wallet with some of that fancy fold'in money.
the price & quality of the trailers that i have seen at places like home depot & tractor supply is crazy. 1st they are really light duty 2nd they are going for real money 3rd some of the welds look to be done by a 10 year old who is having a bad day. i was thinking about making a jig & building a few myself.
check out youtube there are a few god vids there that explain some things that i wasn't clear on .

good luck