View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #460 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
First time over 70 mpg... in an Insight Gen 2!

Unbelievable?
You are right.

I don't claim MPG by the in-board computer. The way to do it is (calibrated) distance versus fuel tanked, as indicated by the pump.
If the pump gauge is right.

As luck will have it I found one that is not. Went to it over 100 km after the warning light went on, 30 km after the calculated remaining range went to 0. I dared go no further. It was almost running on empty.

The Insight has a 40 liter tank and my biggest fill to date was over 38 liter. I was expecting something in that region. But it was brimmed after just 30 liter!

This makes me feel bad.
I worry about the people who run the station (one of the few around here that is still manned). I needed to tell them about it.
I could not find the stations email adress or phone number (the one I found was discontinued) so I wrote their distribution company this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Pump no. 2 in Gouda indicates less than it should...!

At the Argos tankstation in the Burgemeester van Reenensingel in Gouda the pump no 2 shows for less liters than it yields.
This afternoon I filled up my almost dry 40 liter tank with Blue One 95. But after just 30 liter (indicated) it was completely filled...!
While fueling the digits seem to roll slow while the fuel flows at full speed.

I'm deeply worried for the proprietors of this manned station; they could easily lose tens of thousands of Euro's because of this.

By telling you I might miss out on hundreds of euro's worth in profit. I would appreciate it if my honesty gets rewarded royally
Meanwhile I will check out regularly whether the pump has been fixed, at least until it is.

With kind regards,
Red Devil
Another unique day went by...

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 09-06-2013 at 03:30 PM..