View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
HydroJim
Master EcoModder

Aerofocus (retired) - '00 Ford Focus ZX3
90 day: 44.66 mpg (US)

The Red Baron (sold) - '93 Geo Metro
90 day: 44.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Did you get the job? Is that red car the former teal/green car?? (What kind of driving are you doing, man? 45 MPG is low for an XFi!)

I do applaud your focus in life at your age. (I also applaud your Focus.)

I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up!
Just got out of the interview. I think I got the job cause she started talking about training and stuff. She's supposed to call me tonight to let me know and my orientation is at 9 am. since she told me about orientation I assume I got the job.

*On a side note, I don't get how people can complain about the economy and jobs. While only minimum wage jobs, both jobs that I have ever applied to I got the job. First one at McDonalds I got hired on the spot and at panera it seems I have also gotten that job. I really don't understand how you could not have at least some kind of job. I think people are just lazy.*

Back to topic, yes the formerly teal car is now red. It was my first paint job and came out decent. dust was a problem since I don't have a paint booth

I rebuilt the engine, all new axles, control arms, struts, brakes, windshield

G13 flywheel upgrade (lighter flywheel and greater friction surface)
convertible brake upgrade. (12mm studs and vented brake rotors)

It was a huge undertaking to do it all in 4 weeks but I got it done just in time to drive 535 from tennessee to cleveland. HELL of a test drive. every little noise and bump in the road made me but it made it!