View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 12:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
DrEMHmrk2
Toor Poor for Gas

Sick Dub - '01 Volkswagen GTI GLX VR6
90 day: 39.01 mpg (US)

Pocketknife - '03 Suzuki DR200 SE
90 day: 97.44 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to DrEMHmrk2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Welcome to the site. I don't know if you seen this but it will help quantify some of the mods. Sound like a pretty good plan.

Granted the bed topper is not functional here but it would still give you the same benefits if your was.
Wow, thats like a white version of my photoshop! Perhaps even the rear-wheel cover they use would be usable for my friend...

That site mentions a 28% increase in fuel economy, while the design I've been thinking of could provide even better results due to the from air-dam.

We have been thinking of use a dis-used flat bed topper we have lying around and using that as a base to build our design on. This current topper is hinged and sprung so perhaps with some stronger springs this top could support itself and make loading simpler.

I believe what would attack plan will be is of course to do the easy cheap things first, chopping mirrors, smoothing transitions, while we work on the more laborious task of fitting under panels and the mega task of the bed topper. The goal is to make this all 100% removable, and also 100% permanent should we choose.

I think I have a lot of research to do, as far as all of this Drag Coefficient, Data Acquiring, and testing goes but I think this vehicle stands to benefit HEAVILY from the aeromodding and thusly pay for all the work done within a year of the installation.