View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #52 (permalink)
star_deceiver
EcoModding Apprentice

KLR650 - '10 Kawasaki KLR650

6.4 - '19 Ram 3500

All Black - '19 Kawasaki Vulcan S
The KLR is big, which is good as I'm 6'4. Most people swap out the dogbones for shorter ones which lowers the suspension 2" or so, then they can somewhat get a foot down while stopping. Short people problems, lol!

Having test rode, I am too big to fit comfortably on the CBR250... It just doesn't work. (Mind you I rode for 4 years and still have my CM185T twinstar... totally different seating position though.) The CBR600 riding position and bike in general seemed too generic and middle of the road. The CBR1000 was a good fun bike. Not sure about long distance rides though... I've never test rode the NC700 or CBR500 but neither of them seem to be a bike I'd be looking to purchace. Wouldn't mind taking a spin on an XR650 though!

The thing is, I fully expect on the motorcycle I own (present and future bikes) to be able to commute to and from school/work comfortably one day then load it up and take it across the country the next day. Relatively easy maintenance and adequate mileage for the task. Everything has to add up! My toy space is limited... I can't have them all unfortunately.

I've put over 27000kms on my KLR in two seasons with nothing other than simple maintenance and the occasional rear tire! There are many other bike out there that do some things quite well but there are very very few that, like the KLR, do everything well!