View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
zjrog
Ecomod noob

ZJ - '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Upcountry
90 day: 20.57 mpg (US)

Neon - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 33.46 mpg (US)

S'Crew - '02 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT
90 day: 16.4 mpg (US)

Ranger - '90 Ford Ranger
Last 3: 28.02 mpg (US)

Not the Jeep - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 34.11 mpg (US)
Checking back in...

Been a while guys... Hmmm, short version... Let me son keep my Neon wayyyyyyyy longer than ever intended. He got married over three years ago, 2 years ago daughter decided not to go back to school... Days later Inearly died in a bicycle wreck, crushed vertebra in my back and lots of other damage, lucky to be alive and walking. Have additional nonstock internal hardware... Beginning of summer, son became employed as an intern with a construction company and was finally hired as a Project Engineer. So, they bought a car so I could have my Neon back...

Glad to have it back, he did take care of it and I did get to use it for trips now and again. My best MPG from the car was 38.9, he turned in a single tank at 41.5. but managed to keep it close to 36 most of the time.

I have a heep of maintenance to do to the thing. Timing belt, water pump and tensioner is ordered and hope to get to it this weekend. Then a round through the sensors and such. Giving a ot of thought to LED swaps, but not sure there is enough payoff for that... Also considering a HID upgrade to the replacement headlights I have, with projector low beams... The desert gets awefully dark at night. Also looking at some offroad LED lights for the foglight locations.

Plans? Service it, drive it and get used to it again. Not sure what mods I might throw at it. But I really need to adjust the nut behind the wheel first. I want to use the "Torque" app wth my Bluetooth scanner adapter. Wow is that a fine toy. TIme will tell and I can see what changes or mods to make along the way.