View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
HHOTDI
Rapturee

Sippy2 - '15 Honda NC700XD DCT
90 day: 59.51 mpg (US)

Shorty - '02 Ford F150 XL
Thanks all, I appreciate the comments. I don't mean to highjack the thread... I simply made 1/8" plate for the C pillar brackets and used to nice/large stainless screws to attach each of them. Five screws each side with the brackets bent outward as they exit the hatch so the hatch will open/close with them still on. I attempted to design the mounting rack so the hatch would still open, but that placed the CVT tent too far back. There is no noticeable change in the drivieability/handling characteristics, even at freeway speeds. You do have to watch out for Tail-Swing though when you maneuver in and out of tight parking spaces! In the one picture, you can see where I placed a block of wood under the hitch for stabilization when the CVT Tent is set up for use. That cured the vehicle's suspension softness and rocking/sideways motion almost completely. easy to do too. I spent about $25.00 in steel tubing and $40.00 in wal*mart Textured rattle-can paint. The donor 2place bike rack was a craig's list find for $25.00 and fit nicely. The upper portion of the rack simply unbolts and I was able to use the rest for the new CVT Hitch rack! if someone knows how to start a new thread, i'll post pictures of the build and answer any questions you/they might have and help as I can with others who may be interested if they wish. We love the CVT Rooftop Tent, they are so comfortable...and pretty cool too! thanks again, Mike :{)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HHOTDI For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-25-2017), razordave (08-10-2023)