View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
cbaber
Master EcoModder

Lean and Mean - '98 Honda Civic HX
Team Honda
90 day: 46.69 mpg (US)
As a matter of opinion I have to suggest not adding any body kit to this car. Not only would he look silly putting "ricer" styling on an automatic economy car, it also has the effect of lowering the value of the car, and of course the cost of buying the parts which add absolutely no practical value.

Opinion aside, going from 195/75/14 to 205/75/14 is only a difference of 0.5 in overall diameter. The only way to know how the planned suspension mods will effect tire clearance is to go measure the fender gap to determine if you can subtract 2.5 inches without having tire rub issues. There is also the issue of camber angles. 7th gen Civics have different suspension systems than previous Civic's, and they are notorious for severe camber problems when lowered. Are you willing to run a camber angle beyond factory specifications?

Being an automatic transmission there isn't much you can do with gearing. For a M/T I would have suggested swapping the final drive from the 7th gen Civic HX.

I run an overall diameter that is 1 inch larger than stock with stock suspension. It's fine for me since the car is not lowered, but I would probably have issues if I lowered the car 2 inches. I suggest skipping the ricer body kit and lowered suspension and you will be fine with the 205/75/14 on the front. If you really want a project, consider spending the money and time you would have spent on the body kit and suspension, and swapping that automatic transmission for a manual.

Last edited by cbaber; 09-10-2013 at 11:16 PM..