View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #174 (permalink)
benphyr
EcoModding Lurker

Asphault Camo - retired - '05 Honda Civic SE
90 day: 35.81 mpg (US)

Asphault Camo Kid hauler - '98 Honda Odyssey LX
90 day: 24.33 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Fry View Post
The project is going fine in several ways. I will be able to continue to self-fund it, I've amassed all the critical pieces and have done the engine mods. But I have recently been living in this state of bliss...
Ken,
I can't remember if I have subscribed, but I want to make sure.. Subscribed!

and I have a couple questions: I remember you mentioning back near the beginning of the thread that you were working on 4 units this year for $17,995!

These 4 units will follow your proof of concept generally but with some tweaks, such as second seat and longer front wheel "wings", right? Are these still the plan? Would you call them beta versions, prototypes, or regular production models? Would these be part of the development or is are you anticipating only a few differences to later models?

Really this is just a shameless attempt to get you to talk more and work more on this project because I love reading your well considered and well presented experience and your willingness to share it with us of lesser experience and knowledge.

Question number two is about insuring and road legalities. How do you go about registering and making sure your vehicle specifically (or any custom-made vehicle) is street legal?

Cheers,
Ben.