View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #926 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Muller interview: What the editor saw when he chose the headline
Quote:
They want you to be either a warmist or a skeptic or something like that.
Mac OSX Summary Service by Sentence:
Quote:
MULLER: Well, I think what's happened is that many scientists have gotten so concerned about global warming, correctly concerned I mean they look at it and they draw a conclusion, and then they're worried that the public has not been concerned, and so they become advocates.
Mac OSX Summary Service by Paragarph
Quote:
Prof. MULLER: That really shook me up when I learned about that. I think that Climategate is a very unfortunate thing that happened, that the scientists who were involved in that, from what I've read, didn't trust the public, didn't even trust the scientific public. They were not showing the discordant data. That's something that - as a scientist I was trained you always have to show the negative data, the data that disagrees with you, and then make the case that your case is stronger. And they were hiding the data, and a whole discussion of suppressing publications, I thought, was really unfortunate. It was not at a high point for science
I think ClimateGate (which failed, right? science works) was caused by scientists who were raised on Edgar Rice Burroughs novels, got a look at the real Venus, and it kind of freaked them out.

Quote:
The runoff from farms can be solved - different chemicals and fertilizers can be developed and used, the waste can be caught and run off prevented....Is it possible to work out a GW/CO2 response which would work as well ? And if so how much would it cost, who would implement it and when ?
By generalizing the nitrogen fixing bacteria the costs [up front and after the fact] of fertilizers are neatly sidestepped.

CO2 response? Biochar. By everyone everywhere.