View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 12:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gealii View Post
these results may have been faulty as there are many variables that could have helped with your gains. temperature, your own driving technique has improved, list goes on. I use tank to tank to compare or set cruise on a specific speed/stretch of road and let my UG tell a difference.
I'm sure you will see an increase in mpg either way as long as the fans do not kick on from overheating on longer drives
If you did that same route all the time, it may be more use to you. For strictly analyzing it, I would do at least ABA testing at something set, and simple. Find two easy signs and drive one way, get the mpg. Drive the same distance, find that. Add the two, then divide by two, and you have A. Put the block on, redo. Take the block off, redo. Block on, redo. Block off, redo.

It's ABABA, but it will give you a very good idea, especially if you can keep all other things constant (speed, general temperatures, traffic, so on). The reason I stopped doing testing was because I know it's working, and it wastes so much fuel to test lol (hurts my MPG, also, to get up to higher speeds over and over).

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.