View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #1000 (permalink)
Alteredstory
EcoModding Lurker

P-hack, you've made a number of assertions since I started this conversation that I think are inaccurate. I've made arguments for why I think so. You seem to have ignored them, and not really presented any support for your opinions. In time, I hope you'll change your mind, but really I'd just settle for more critical thought, and less hyperbolic rhetoric ("terrorism", for example).

And no, I don't want the population to grow out of control, I just recognize that when an overly large population is pushed to the point of crashing, as we are doing by creating a hostile environment and not preparing for the results, that is when that population is most vulnerable to extinction. I don't think it's a HUGE risk, but it's a risk, and I'd like to reduce it. Climate change has killed off species before.

The climate got screwed up for a number of reasons, but changing our power sources is an easier endeavor than undoing the centuries of religious dogma, societal pressure, and thoughtlessness that continue to drive the population boom. It's a related issue, but a separate one.