View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 07:29 PM   #103 (permalink)
ttoyoda
Master EcoModder

I probably used the wrong phrase.. In this pic I did, the arrow with the A next to it (hard to see) points to the "halfshaft stub", the thingy the halfshaft bolted to. The arrow marked B points to the oil leak which I ass-u-me is coming from a worn out oil seal behind the "halfshaft stub". But I have never worked on these, and an ex GF stole my nice repair book I had on this car long ago. The B side of the tranny was towards the road when in the car, yes?
Don't worry about not knowing all this stuff. Most people know much, much less. .

I would put a nice angle iron brace with a weight on it (maybe a battery or two) to make it balance IF needed, I would not bolt anything hard to the body, or add another mount, because it is going to want to move a little, and best to let it, I figure. I would not attach any bracket/brace to the electric motor itself, I don't think it is designed to take any loads other than its own weight. I would bring any brace all the way back to the tranny, thru the spacers may be ok.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	little1a.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	1029