View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #115 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHOTDI View Post
hey OM, I know you have already spent a large sum of $,$$$.$$ on this very cool project, but I couldn't help but think a cool V-Twin diesel would go so nicely with the Harley parts you already have... New 20HP V Twin Small Diesel Engine Electric Start 1" Straight Side Shaft Motor | eBay

!!..!!..ENJOY..!!..!!
:{)
Thanks for the link. I may get that engine later, depending on how the (free) Honda engine does in this setup. I could always use the 20 HP in the 3 wheeler and the 9HP in a motorcycle conversion at some later date. Based on aeroheads calculations and the lower height than I originally thought, it should be capable of close to 70 MPH with 9 HP. 20 HP would give it much better performance but the whole concept is based on the Patented in wheel drive replacing the Harley Parts at some point in the future.

At that point the 9 HP engine will only have to supply average demand. The drive and accumulator will give it hundreds of horsepower-seconds of short term peak power and the performance will be unbelievable, probably enough to shred the rear tire fairly quickly, since rapid acceleration will be done by the accumulator primarily, with possibly engine supplemental power.

regards
Mech

Last edited by user removed; 09-19-2013 at 07:38 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
HHOTDI (09-19-2013)