View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 04:22 AM   #102 (permalink)
320touring
Master EcoModder

The Mistress - '88 Bmw 320i Touring SE
Team m8
Last 3: 27.17 mpg (US)

Germany Beadle - '91 Mercedes 300td (estate, N/A)
90 day: 24.63 mpg (US)

The Bloodylingo - '05 Citroen Berlingo Multispace Desire
90 day: 39.77 mpg (US)

Shanner Scaab - '03 Saab 9-5 estate Vector
90 day: 26.19 mpg (US)

Clio 182 - '05 Renault Clio RS 182 182
90 day: 31.73 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
I just bought a super laptop on this basis (I can get so much more done in a day...) so I don't think I can stretch it that far, plus my new tyres are RainSports which means I grip when others fail So they stay !

To be honest those aren't the main barriers to FE - the transmission is. The "Tipchronic" auto is a PITA. It means at lower speeds I don't have the flexibility to swap to a higher gear apart from as above and the process of shutting off at lights means the guy behind gets a flash of my reversing lights - twice, which sometimes can be worrying for them.
Rainsport2 s are awesome

So, having been on a site that states "Manual FTW" you bought an auto?

oldschool normal autos are ok for hypermiling, but as you say, the the 'tronic is chronic. However, I reckon with time you'll work out the quirks! Maybe also worth a look to see if there are any updates/changes that could be made to the gearbox software to enable manual upshifts below say 2k? as it'll just be an electronically enforced "lockdown"

freebeard- I dont think our friend is a s "scene " as that, and definately not a "Dubber"

I may sneak round his and plasti-dip a bumper/ stickerbomb a wing for a laugh

US MPG for my Renault Clio 182

---------------------------------------------------