View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #119 (permalink)
HHOTDI
Rapturee

Sippy2 - '15 Honda NC700XD DCT
90 day: 59.51 mpg (US)

Shorty - '02 Ford F150 XL
Thanks C, I wish i knew you then! I tried to buy one of those for about 18 months for a V-Twin Diesel Motorcycle project I was building...all to no avail! No one i could find had one or could even get one. They all said the same thing.."they're coming next month", "sorry, next month", "they have to wait for California Tier 4 emissions standards, it'll be another month"...and finally it was "i'm sorry, i have no idea when we can get them in", what a crock! I even went as far as contacting the companies that made them in China and India trying to get one...all to no avail unless you buy 20@! I even had a Broker in the Seattle/Tacoma area willing to accept them. So, i scrapped the project and moved on! I'd still love to have one though. I figured if Crazy Jerry could get that much power out of a 1cyl Changfa 10hp in his Changzuki, then i could get a lot more for the mountain passes we have here where I live with a really Cool V-Twin 20-25hp Diesel...maybe even get a little turbo off of eBay to boot! Lot's of 10hp 1cyl available but no one had/has the bigger 20-25hp V-Twin that i wanted until now of course. ...sorry, thanks for letting me rant! More power to you O.M., I only wish we were closer as I would be over a lot helping with your build! :{)