View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #1073 (permalink)
Alteredstory
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-hack View Post
But your whole premise for being here is flawed, on so many levels. And your position is unapologetically based on negative perceptions and resulting emotions. How can you ever be unbiased?

How dare you claim to know what is right and wrong, people have been experimenting and posting their results here for others to replicate for years. You use "science" only when it is convenient to your position, which is completely off topic, and hopelessly political. Elsewise you are a mishmash of contradictions.

You did NOT ask the gentleman if he had published a paper, you implied that his efforts were inferior from the start. I know you to be delusional if you do not recognize your own methods (or think the rules don't apply to you).
Nobody is ever unbiased, which is why we have the peer review system.

And yes - I implied that I doubt his rather extraordinary claim that some model that he did on his own with relatively unsophisticated software disagree with the work of hundreds of people. He made an extraordinary claim, and the appropriate response to that is skepticism.

And again, I see little reason to take advice on emotionality from a person who accuses people of terrorism for talking about sea ice volume.