View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 02:55 AM   #106 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Pictures of the car

Here are the first pictures of the car. The writing on it was done by my little nephew with chalk. I think it adds character. Also, I got a flat tire, and haven't had access to my bike for over a week, so I decided to move the batteries from the back to lower to the ground. It's way more stable now. I can't believe the difference! Not a horrible car for $40.

I put the transmission back in the car. It was horrible. I need a floor jack. It was horrible. HOrrible!!! If it wasn't metal, I would have punched it in the face!!! Also, if it had a face! Instead I gave it a vulcan neck pinch, and it got real quiet. Some would say that it was real quiet before, but not me.

Tomorrow, I'll put on the motor/adapterPlateCrap and test that piece of crap to see if the wheels turn.

But here's a problem:

The left CV joint is a bit not very good, but I don't want to clean it all out. Hopefully just removing most of the bad grease and adding the good stuff will be good enough for government work. I heard it's bad to mix greases, but maybe it will be OK?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	little1.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1035   Click image for larger version

Name:	little2.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	1036   Click image for larger version

Name:	little3.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	1037  

Last edited by MPaulHolmes; 06-28-2008 at 03:00 AM.. Reason: Back off, computer!