View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #130 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
I'm with Euromodder.
Edison suggests the VLC may be safer than other cars in many aspects.
I very much doubt that can be true.

The problem with many cars in the last centuries prewar era was that their solid beam frame made them too stiff. Even though those cars could withstand a collision relatively well, the people inside them were subjected to huge G forces and often were killed just by that.

I dream of making a lightweight car. It will have a stiff frame and body, but the chairs will be mounted on a frame that slides with the blow in case of an accident just to manage the G forces. The car needs to be far roomier than the Edison or there would be nowhere to slide to.
A light but stiff car with little space for the passengers to move about sounds like a death trap to me.

It is okay if you know the risks like a biker does; if you would still drive it that's your choice. If they tell it is obviously not as safe as an ordinary car, fine.
If they say it is safe without definitive proof then I'm not convinced; it goes against my logic.
It can be nowhere near as safe as the oh so heavy and spaceous Tesla model S.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.