View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 10:21 AM   #369 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
Thanks JM, Nice Unit DBN!

Ok, lets try and regroup again.

re: hardware failures, andrewJ has not had a chance to investigate. Have not heard back from Top Down or Cmags. I do not know of any other unexplained hardware difficulties at the moment. Am I missing any? We've had a few successful installations in the field that I can tell as well.

re: strange speed readings on a metro, Top Down and myself have noticed this, anyone else? From my observations it seems to happen right as you are starting out, so for the first couple blocks my mph reading is 1/2 what it should be (v0.66 16408 vssppm). Seems to imply the pin is floating until something attains a bit of a charge, we might need to rethink the value of the vss resistor or??.

I should have a portable scope on monday to get an idea what kind of noise is getting through the power supply and possibly what is happening on the vss signal and a peek at the injector pin for good measure.

Are we ready to start with the database of by vehicle injector/vss/power hookup pictures, and initial parameters to use? Can we use the wiki to organize that? Is anyone willing to own that?