View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 12:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
julien.decharentenay
EcoModding Lurker

You would need to clarify what do you mean by experience? Experience as in "what is your opinion of ..." or as in "how many years have you been doing...".

To keep to the thread, my experience with openFoam is quite positive (although limited to the last few years). I tend to limit myself to the existing solvers - I am not too much of a compiler of other people software (particularly when there is a lot of dependencies - although I am trying to compile ParaView at the moment). I am using openFoam on Windows (mainly) and ubuntu (on amazon ec2 and a local very old computer).

My application field was focused on HVAC applications up until last year, but has been focused on car aerodynamic recently.

My centre of interest is in the software development and coupling of tools together. Part of my recent projects includes:

- Khamsin, a SketchUp Plugin for CFD Modelling - which couples to openFoam as one of the CFD engine;
- Aerodynamic on Demand - a CFD based aerodynamic calculator for cars again based on openFoam and using amazon ec2;
- Khamsin Virtual Racecar Challenge - a virtual racing car challenge (for fun).

Feel free to check my profile on LinkedIn if you want a full detail of my experience.