View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #508 (permalink)
NeilBlanchard
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
The Aptera Forum server seems to be crashed. I've not emailed the admin is so long that I can't find his address.

I have been stymied by lack of funds - I need to buy fiberglass and buy the windshield and wipers. The weather is getting colder again, and I had hoped to have most of the fiberglass done by now...

So, yes I need to do a video for a crowd funding campaign, and a friend will be helping me do that. I've been told that Kickstarter doesn't "do" electric cars, so I have to ask them. If they won't, I'll probably use IndieGoGo. Then there is the matter of the budget...

I will try to glue the nose on over a warm weekend. And I will flip it onto the roof to work again on the underside. This will be the first part to get fiberglass - I'm going to use the 40oz E-glass. It will take roughly 9 or 10 yards, and along with the glue, I'm guessing it will add ~45 pounds to the chassis.

I'm starting back to work (for an architectural office) on Monday, and they need 40+ hours a week for at least two months - this will be a very good thing. So, I'll have more money, but very little time. Catch 22.

The only melting that has happened was on the left front "wheel" when a scoop light moved and rested the incandescent bulb on the foam... Whew - just a piece I will cut out eventually.

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to NeilBlanchard For This Useful Post:
stankoprowski (09-26-2013)