View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #41 (permalink)
changzuki
Changfa diesel + Suzuki

Centurion - '74 FIAT X1/9 Centurion Full Race DNA
Last 3: 143.5 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog 44 View Post
I read a little about the MG Midget today, and i'm really impressed! This is the perfect eco car blank slate. Why get a Metro, Crx HF, or Insight at all? Their frontal area AND weight are no match for a Midget/Centurion! And it's an old car too, which means you can do whatever you want to the engine!
-
The funny thing is on my commute i always pass an MG Midget going the opposite direction. And i always wish that my car was that small!
-
QUOTE: Joggernot "Back in the 60s the MG was one of the modified cars used for the "highest mpg" contests held periodically....."
-
Both your posts struck a cord so I had to refer to the archives (that would be yours truly "Hoarding; Buried Alive" mega reference materials here...) Anyway, as part of the original set of Centurion plans, there was also a series of newsletters called "Centurion Newsline".
-

-
In Vol.3 starting on page 4, is the headline: "121.3 MPG MG MIDGET". A quote from that article:
-
"Although their target mileage was 100 mpg, the actual mileage turned out to be 121.3 mpg, which was obtained at a steady 50 mph."
-
So, if it's not been done on ecomodder, maybe an MG Midget needs to be on the bucket list!
-
~CrazyJerry

Last edited by changzuki; 08-04-2018 at 09:49 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to changzuki For This Useful Post:
HHOTDI (09-27-2013)