View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
davelobi
EcoModding Apprentice

CRX - '91 Honda CRX HF
Last 3: 63.1 mpg (US)

the ugly one - '97 saturn SL just sl,not sl1 or 2
Team Saturn
90 day: 44.15 mpg (US)

Vibe - '07 Pontiac Vibe
Team Pontiac
90 day: 44.24 mpg (US)

Hoopdie - '05 Toyota Corolla CE
90 day: 42.58 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktree View Post
Thanks for posting your results. I noticed you mentioned abruptly closing the throttle activated DFCO more quickly. That could be part of the reason why I have so much trouble getting DFCO to activate in my Saturn. I'm pretty smooth with the throttle transitions. Plus, it seems to take 2000RPM+ to get DFCO to activate, anyway. And I rarely rev the engine past 2500. So, yeah...

I wish we had access to the computer programming, so we could tweak stuff like that.
Ya, funny that snap closing of the throttle plate (or tps) seemed to activate the dfco immediatly where a ease up on the throttle (as we are used to doing) made the computer think for a little while before deciding to activate dfco. Even more intriguing to me was if I was in dfco and I touched the throttle for even a brief second. The dfco would cut out and not come back on. The computer must be thinking something like "this guy may be ready to accelerate quickly" or maybe "doesn't know if he wants to accelerate or decelerate, better leave injectors on and ready". I don't know.

It would be fun to be able to mess around with our cars computers and play with things like this. I would make dfco way more common and user friendly (at least on my own car). A lot of the controllable items like this could all be done manually like a switch to kill the injectors but I don't want to go there.