View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 02:29 PM   #370 (permalink)
cmags
EcoModding Apprentice

Scoob - '05 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport SE
90 day: 25.28 mpg (US)
Sorry, haven't had any time to work on this project - my wife had to have emergency surgery and I've been in the hospital w/ her all week. Don't worry, all is OK now but it certainly threw the priority level of this project down the tubes.

I've got v0.64 coded up such that everything on the LCD is duplicated to Serial, and with the addition of the LCD reset it should be a good place for me to test w/o having to disconnect power when I get back to it. I read through the code and only saw the two-button reset - didn't see any automatic checking for the LCD needing re-initialization, though maybe I read the update wrong.

@ DBN, check the LCD thread to see if the "scrambled eggs" you were getting are the same as the garbage I get on my LCD. If we're both seeing the same issue, we can try to combine notes.

I should have the chance to get back on this project this week when we go home from the hospital. I'll have vacation time and will spend half of it on taking care of my wife and the other on projects like this. Of course I'm already two versions behind, but I'll catchup.

Oh yes, I've got the info for the database for the '05 Subaru Impreza 2.5L and can find out how many other Subarus it applies to. I'll post pics of the schematics and the install when I do it.