View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #100 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
You had newspaper- and foil-backed modifications?

You used one sheet of newspaper? Were you able to use one piece of foil or did you need to make it overlap?

Honestly, I would have thought three levels of protection would have been overkill. I am sorry that you learned otherwise!

Do you think that wax would work as a release agent with Great Stuff like it would with fiberglass resin?

With the way that my fog light plug project went, I was ready to purchase a small foam board and cut it to fit, but the spray foam worked out better than I had expected.
I lined it with newspaper and painters tape, taped the paper into place, filling the lower grille, then taping the sides and ends down. I then did the same with foil. This was painters tape.

I couldn't say what failed, but the whole thing was just a mess. I am currently working with the foam carefully, and it is alright for filling the gaps my mirrors made.

I think the biggest mistake was to use a lot of foam at once, and fill the openings. I am being much more sparing now, and it seems like it is alright.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.