Thread: Newbie Swift GT
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 04:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
whatthe
Power tuner gone eco

Prudence - '93 BMW 325 i
90 day: 36.64 mpg (US)
Newbie Swift GT

Hello,

I'm new here and I'm not sure how disciplined I am to make the long haul, but its too interesting to not at least try this for a while.

I've had a Swift GT 1.3L 16 valve 4 cyl as either my daily driver, or back up car of sorts for the past 8 years. I've run them with nitrous, naturally aspirated, and with several different turbo kits. As far as the sprint/swift/firefly/metro line goes, in the past I've had 1.0L 3 cyl sprint/firefly, 1.0L 3 cyl. turbo firefly, 1.3L 4 cyl SOHC 16 valve (1998 Swift), 1.3L SOHC 8 valve Swift.

So being fairly familiar with this line of Suzuki motors, it was pretty interesting to come accross guys who were getting mileage far beyond anything I had ever experienced in my 8 years with any of these models. With my general driving style, gas mileage was never really that different between any in the line... except the heavier 98 body and automatic 98 was a little harder to eek good mileage out of.

Other than that, I've done a lot of performance tuning (thousands of dyno runs) on all sorts of high horsepower, or not so high horsepower cars. I own a couple of portable widebands, etc. etc..

I'm just poking around for now, but I'll try to add something useful if I can.

I should add my GT now is basically stock, although it has some remnants of performance tuning left over on it (turbo kit, etc. is gone) but some port work and chamber clean up on the head remains. Unfortunately the port work removed some of Suzukis economy features (no more shrouded valves, ports enlarged slightly, sharp edges in chamber deburred, etc)... but, I'm still going to try to break 50 with the GT as it is.

Last edited by whatthe; 06-28-2008 at 04:10 PM..