View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 04:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCause View Post
You might want to look at the EBox by AC Propulsion to get an idea of conversion details. You can buy a freshly converted Scion Xb for the low, low sum of $55,000.
-Yeah, no way in hell

Quote:
Other comments:

* A series hybrid is going to be much tougher to pull off than a pure electric car.
This isn't about easy, its the challenge and the transformation of an already heavily modified vehicle that has no current purpose other than breaking windows with a 5000watt stereo.

Quote:
* I'd work out a budget to see what kind of performance is in reach. A conventional car with freeway speeds and range over 30-50 miles will be looking at ~$15-30,000.
You don not want to know what I have invested in this thing ... lol, as I build it though, I learn and that is why I want to challenge myself with this project

Quote:
* While a Scion XB may make a great show piece, you'll make life easier by choosing a more suitable car. Why work uphill with a rolling brick?
You said it, it will make a great show piece and even ecourage a couple of people to think outside the box of ugly electric plain cars.

Now despite some of those challenges, if planned properly this could turn out to be a worthwhile project, for me at least. Also, consider that I have sponsors to help offset costs, if I excite them about being involved in the ECO friendly build of a show car, my costs may be offset even more.

Prior to this this car was driven maybe 1000 miles a year, mostly on and off trailers, that may not change, but having the possibility of cranking down the road on battery power would be pretty cool for me anyhow. I appreciate the comments, in fact I use them as fuel to work harder.

But I still want to know what to look for as far as a gear ratio for a rear end.

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???