View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 04:56 PM   #29 (permalink)
Frank Lee
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA32R View Post
This is a very civil board so I counted 10 before replying. "We" means the populace in general, not each and every individual. I applaud your cell phone free life and wish you all success in that regard. "We" don't all have that option.

The idea that someone should be presumed to be at fault if they were making a call is over the top, imho. There are many distractions available to drivers, the cell phone being one. Others are talking to your passengers, disciplining your children, changing the cd player/radio, checking a map or gps system, having a drink of water or soda, eating, etc. That's not to mention the ludicrous ones such as reading a magazine, newspaper, or book (I've seen it), applying makeup, watching television or a dvd, etc. If any one of the above can be shown to have caused an accident, let the ticketing and lawsuits begin but presumption of fault based on an active cell phone call is wrong.
Yeah I had to count to 10 first too. Inevitably, when I nearly get creamed at an intersection or out on the road, it is by a dolt with a phone stuck to their head. It really is.