View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
Ya I get that, I'd like them if they had more of both FE and performance as well. But from a seller's point of view, a 2 seater car is a limited market to start with. A car is such a large investment nowadays that for someone to drop $25k + on a new car (what a CR-Z is around here), that is a niche market (2 seater) to start with, then it has to be what they really want. We would like more FE, the sporty crowd would like it to be peppier and easier to mod. I think they are a good start the way they are, but if Honda wanted to sell more they'd have to either improve them on both fronts, or split them up into two types. More than likely though they will just let them die out, just like Toyota let the regular cab, 4 cylinder, 4x4 Tacoma die out. Niche stuff doesn't pay the bills, sadly. Why spend money advancing the CR-Z when they already have the Insight/Hybrid models for eco minded people, and the Civic SiR etc for the sporty crowd? It's a shame, they are cool little cars and in a few years when they get cheap for a used one I will be on the hunt for one.