View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Wagon View Post
Ya I get that, I'd like them if they had more of both FE and performance as well. But from a seller's point of view, a 2 seater car is a limited market to start with. A car is such a large investment nowadays that for someone to drop $25k + on a new car (what a CR-Z is around here), that is a niche market (2 seater) to start with, then it has to be what they really want. We would like more FE, the sporty crowd would like it to be peppier and easier to mod. I think they are a good start the way they are, but if Honda wanted to sell more they'd have to either improve them on both fronts, or split them up into two types. More than likely though they will just let them die out, just like Toyota let the regular cab, 4 cylinder, 4x4 Tacoma die out. Niche stuff doesn't pay the bills, sadly. Why spend money advancing the CR-Z when they already have the Insight/Hybrid models for eco minded people, and the Civic SiR etc for the sporty crowd? It's a shame, they are cool little cars and in a few years when they get cheap for a used one I will be on the hunt for one.
Agreed. I just wish it became like a Honda Miata, but I fear it will be out in a few years. I would love to get one, also- but in years when it's cheaper.

How is it performance wise? It looks really good. I mean, a lot of that stuff I would not do, but I still think it looks good. Does the wheel/tire combo weigh less?

Have you thought about putting the plate back in front?

Removing the little anchor in the back?

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.