View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 03:01 AM   #38 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I scored a 58.5 on that test. Six days later, I had a test in another class, and instead of providing a study guide, the professor gave us a full review. Professors often post incomplete notes, requiring us to fill in key portions, but this one posts everything. I opened up the review and made flash cards. A hundred and twenty-seven of them.

The previous test only had seventy.

I studied for a few days, did not feel like I was getting anywhere, so I removed key words from the review and made 212 flashcards.

I scored 82% on the questions that I answered, but 0% on those that I did not. People always insist that I need to try, I need to write something.

For the final for my Anatomy lab, I wrote "I love you" when I did not have any idea of the answer.

Apparently, that was not a valid response.

I just hope that a woman graded it...

Anyway, I scored a 64% on that test. On the other one, I was the only student to fail, out of more than seventy. On this one, only one student failed, but it wasn't me!

I had another test. The professor does not really provide notes or a study guide, just an outline of the notes. I have only spoken to two girls in that class and both are retaking it. One told me to learn the outlines. I made fill-in-the-blank flashcards for those--233. We do not have any idea when those grades will be posted.

I was told that I should benefit from my medicine after 4-6 weeks. It has been seven. I will ask my sister, a nurse, how long I should wait before asking for a stronger dosage. However, I was able to get special accommodations. They kept offering extended test times, but I am always the first to finish. They did sign me up for notetakers. So far, I have two, and their notes are beautiful. Hopefully I can get the other two.

It is frustrating, for my second class today, all that I brought was my audio recorder, and I made sure that this girl could not sit in front of me:
She only interrupted her car shopping for text messaging. Also, she never pushes in her chair, so I need to, in order to leave.

With nothing to distract me, I could not tell you what she covered in class, but I have the recording!

Studying is a very slow process. I wish that I knew why I cannot commit things to memory faster. I earned a B in Anatomy! Why can't I memorize things one year later?

I hope that everything is going well for you guys. Take care!

Last edited by Xist; 11-06-2013 at 07:04 PM..