View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #140 (permalink)
Ardent
EcoModding Apprentice

I'm occasionally encountering something that seems like a software glitch, but unfortunately am unable to reproduce on demand.

The glitch seems to usually happen after decel fuel cut that when injection resumes the injection events are not registering. The iM display reads "----" (while power is being applied) and cM or tM will continue to increase. Letting off of the accelerator and then returning to the previous position has so far always resulted in the display values returning to normal.

I drove about 260 miles round trip today and the glitch showed up four or five times on the way out and only twice on the return trip.

In one instance I saw numbers on the iM portion of the display as power was being applied just before "----" was displayed. I didn't get a good enough or long enough view to read the numbers.

In another instance, when accelerating after being stopped at a light the iM display went from "0.00" to a brief flash of numbers and then to "----". Releasing and then reapplying the accelerator again reset the display.

I can't definitively say that DFC was invoked prior to the glitch as the only time I think I witnessed the whole progression of what was displayed was the instance of accelerating from a stop. The other instances though all occured on a resumption of power from 0% TPS and never during steady state operation.