View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
BHarvey
Master EcoModder

Sweetie - '11 Hyundai Sonata GLS
90 day: 39.35 mpg (US)

My Miles - '03 Combo GLS/KLX/Ninja
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)

Sipper' - '04 Kawasaki Ninja 250
90 day: 74.98 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmafanp View Post
tell them how much money im saving,
That's the main point I use to encourage others to at least give it a go before blowing it off. Had a guy ask the other day how much it was REALLY saving me and when I told him for starters that in less than 3 years I have made 4 car payments @$337 for FREE (based on savings over the EPA est.), not to mention less tire wear, brake wear, car wear in general. At that point he was speechless.

Then I told him the number could have been much greater if I could have learned everything all at once instead of over a 3 year span.
Made sure he knew a good tutor would help immensely and the reason for that is my savings have been far greater in the last 1.5 yrs than the first 1.5 yrs.

Another guy asked about my baseline mpg and I told him my lifetime baseline with this car keeps going up, indicating that even after 3 years I am still learning, like most of us I guess.