View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #156 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent View Post
Injector pulse width is 3 to 4 ms at idle. How much greater than the dead-time does a pulse need to be in order for it to be recognized?
It's not so much a matter of injector pulse length, as such, but of injector delay response time. When current is allowed to flow through the injector solenoid, there is a delay between when that current flows, and when the magnetic field of the injector solenoid is strong enough to move the injector pintle so that fuel can flow. Typically, it's about 500 microseconds. The MPGuino code (both mine and the original code) took this into account. Even for an idle injector pulse width of 3-4 ms, 500 microseconds should not be an issue.

Hm....

Quote:
It seems that the algorithm used requires a greater "proof" pulse width to "wake up" from standby or resume from DFC.

The Fundamental Logic board has a 100k resistor on the VSS and INJ inputs. This is greater than shown on the Arduino Assembly diagram on the wiki page, but the same as that shown for the Iduino. What values are you using, and could that have any impact as far as the amplitude of a pulse?
The JellyBeanDriver board I'm using has 47K resistors for VSS and INJ.

Quote:
This morning I started the vehicle and the display remained dark. Much like yesterday morning, a throttle blip woke the unit and it then functioned normally.

I'm still planning to test with the 0.86 code.
See, that does not sound like any sort of injector delay issue. Rather, it sounds like the injector signal just isn't being picked up. Please do test with the original 0.86 code, and let me know how it goes.