View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 12:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
ps2fixer
Master EcoModder

92 Camry - '92 Toyota Camry LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 26.81 mpg (US)

97 Corolla - '97 Toyota Corolla DX
Team Toyota
90 day: 30.1 mpg (US)

Red F250 - '95 Ford F250 XLT
90 day: 20.34 mpg (US)

Matrix - '04 Toyota Matrix XR
90 day: 31.86 mpg (US)

White Prius - '06 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
Thanks for the feed back. the MPG values I stated were from researching different sites including this one, fuely, and other general forums where people were posting their MPG. I don't have one currently running and driving, just this project of 3 trucks lol.

The 4x4 toyotas had a different body than the 2x4, so the fenders flare out more, so wheel skirts should be possible, but a lot of angles to deal with. I'm not one of those people throwing 32s on a little truck that are super wide or anything, just going to go with stock sized tires with fairly agressive tread.

According to the wiki, the 20r head has a smaller combustion chamber, so it makes it higher compression and better flow, so if I ever need to rebuild the engine, I think the 20R head upgrade should be well worth it .

One thing I didn't say before, the O2 sensor isn't hooked up, and I can't locate the plug for it. If I remember correctly, it is only a 1 wire. That might be part of the running issues besides the vacuum leak I already found. The truck will also need rear shocks (maybe fronts too), I have a pair from when my dad had an 82, so hopefully they didn't change . Still no photos , I go off shift soon, so I'll probably be working on it some soon. Hoping to get the parts trucks over the weekend.

For the chainsaw bar frame, my dad and I both can weld, and have scrap metal laying around, so we can fab something up to beef the frame up some. The welds on the chainsaw bars appear to be a quality weld, just not so sure how well the bars will hold up lol.

Kind of ironic that the 2.4L 22R engine is rated about the same HP or less than my 1.8L corolla engine. Of course the 22R has a bit more torque. Interesting to read about the turbo version of the engine, might be an ok idea to look into that as well .