View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 10:34 AM   #375 (permalink)
top_down
EcoModding Lurker

Beater - '93 Geo Metro XFi
Good news, I reprogrammed the MPGuino this morning and my LCD started working again! So if your LCD goes black, try a fresh upload before you start desoldering it!

So now I have my unit with the latest v0.66 and am working through the setup screens. Can anyone remind me what the injector microsecond/gallon number is supposed to be on the Metro? I know it was there in the setup/comments area on v0.64 but I didn't get the number written down anywhere. The default that is loaded in when I upload the program is 0304409714 but I'm remembering the Metro was supposed to be something different.

I'm going to use your new suggestion for VSS pulses per mile: 16408. My tires are 155 80 R12 so that should be within a percent or two. If my math is right the difference between 145 80 R12 and 155 80 R12 should be about 320, but I'll tweak and report on that once I get reasonably close odometer correlation.

Triple checked my VSS connection and am sure that is correct. My injector connection was next to the injector resistor on the yellow wire. I will move it as you suggested to the yellow with stripe wire directly adjacent to the injector - but from what I see in the wiring diagram this simply puts the tap on the other side of the injector solenoid. Would that make a difference?

I wish I could help you more with the Metro speed issue, but I don't have a scope or the knowledge to tell you what's going on there even if I did. I am happy to try any changes you might suggest and report my findings.

"...it may be addressable by adding some debouncing to the vss signal." - Let me know what you think is appropriate and I'll give it a try. Please be specific. I'm very good at soldering but am not a EE!

dcb, as always, thanks for the help and the fine work!!!

Last edited by top_down; 06-29-2008 at 10:40 AM..