View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #93 (permalink)
zjrog
Ecomod noob

ZJ - '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Upcountry
90 day: 20.57 mpg (US)

Neon - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 33.46 mpg (US)

S'Crew - '02 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT
90 day: 16.4 mpg (US)

Ranger - '90 Ford Ranger
Last 3: 28.02 mpg (US)

Not the Jeep - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 34.11 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slownugly View Post
HAHA itll still be slow but maybe slownclassy??

zjrog- the only thing im really taking advantage of when it comes to the 4.0 is the head. im getting a 4.0 head for free from a 95 grand cherokee. these are supposed to be the best flowing factory 4.0 head. of course im not really looking for power just efficiency. this things torque band will start right off idle haha. that coupled with the highway gears and the 5 speed should be a home run. ive heard of guys doing the strokers. i think they even sell aftermarket cranks for even more cubes. i think theres a 5.0 stroker kit out there.
I only mentioned the stroker as an after thought. I keep thinking I might do that, but I expect to replace my ZJ next year perhaps. While its still decent, its age and wheeling miles are showing. And yes, there are plenty of stroker 5.0 kits out there.

My Grand Cherokee does good, I've managed better than 20 MPG for a period, but after some tire changes and more miles on it, that has gone. I had a 90 Cherokee that felt like a hotrod compared to my Jeep, and got consistent 20 MPG despite 200,000+ miles. But it was stock and rarely saw even gravel roads, so it wore P series tires.

I really do admire this project!