View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleMelanesian View Post
Good news! As of 2014 model year, all trim levels of Odyssey get the fuel-saving 6-speed automatic. EPA 19/28 mpg, starting at $28k.
That's just so much money. Maybe I am too infatuated with the MP5** starting just under 20, with a 5 speed, 21-22/28. I haven't seen anything on the 2014 models (haven't looked, though) of it.

**It sounds weird, but the MP5 is one of my top vehicles on the market. I spend the most time sitting in this than any other vehicle at the CAS (I never notice them at NAIAS), and I often daydream about modifying one to a ecomodded coach to travel the country

To someone who has only talked about the Odyssey w/ people & dealers, is it worth the money? The only one I could have looked at at a dealership was in the 40's, and I was too perplexed by that amount of money for a basic* mini van to look at it lol (I was also high off of a CX-5 a half hour before). To be clear, I am sincere on this- I am not educated on these. I know Honda's traditionally hold their value well, but I think I'd rather payless for a vehicle and have lower resale value later, myself, since most vehicles get to a terminal price point.

*Not a hybrid, nothing revolutionary, not high performance/super efficient, nothing to make it pop from any other.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.