View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
MPGsteward
EcoModding Lurker

Project Ranger - '07 Ford Ranger XLT
90 day: 33.69 mpg (US)

Lead Sled - '94 Mazda B2200
I do have an ev album page. Not much else to list: Iota dc/dc converter, energizer 12v deep cycle battery for accessories, canadian ev adapter plate on original manual transmission, manzanita pf 20 charger, 18 trojan flooded wet cell 6volt deep cycle golf cart batteries ran in series, 0/0 copper welding wire connecting batteries, helper springs, coil over shock absorber in rear (sensatrac).
Going with top notch components will add reliability to your EV conversion. This truck has been super reliable.
I use to have the batteries in the bed. welded up some battery cages underneath and the truck now handles better. the center of gravity was improved.
Corrosion hasnt been too bad, and i have driven in the rain several times. I mainly just want the welds in the battery cages to last as long as possible before I have to repair. It will be a lot of work removing batteries to repair welds. You have to remove batteries if you need to weld because the metal gets so hot it will melt the battery cases.