View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #289 (permalink)
monster76
EcoModding Lurker

f350 4x4 - '99 Ford f350 xl
90 day: 13.52 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
Depends on what you need. If you need to haul loads of stuff on paved roads, a car-towed trailer works fine. If you need to go on rough dirt, it's not so fine.

Then there's the fact that if I tow a trailer behind the pickup, I can haul twice as much per trip :-)

PS: And at $2700 (minus the $1100 I got for the older pickup), my '88 Toyota hardly qualifies as expensive, and is huge only in comparison with my Insight. Though oddly enough, I can haul more with it (both weight & volume) than my friends can with their newish F-250 yuppie pickup.
Lol I'd like to see you pull my backhoe with your Toyota. On serious note I have looking to buy an 80's Toyota pickup to toss in a deutz diesel I have laying in my workshop from a burn down skid steer to have as cool truck to put around in.

Now to add to the thread IMO situations are different for most folks but I really advocate trailers a lot small no monthly cost useful good resale values.. Let's face it most people who buy a user trailer can usually get the same money for it after it has served its purpose
99 f350, diesel 7.3 auto 4x4 with 1200 rpm triple disk converter, ts perfromance chip, 4" turbo back exhaust, 4:10 gears trucks weight with me in it is 8100# its a work/daily vehicle