View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Vex
EcoModding Lurker

Hi! Great to be apart of the community!

Hello everyone! I, like so many others, have been a lurker for some time now and finally decided to sign up.
I own two vehicles and both are registered on fuelly. I mostly use my 2010 kawasaki vulcan 900 classic as the primary vehicle. I purchased this bike brand new in May 2012. it has just over 12,000 miles on it now. I built a trailer that I tow with the bike to make it even more versatile year round. Before Going and messing with the exhaust and adding the fuel processor, I was about to get 50 mpg regularly, while riding all over various elevation changes. I live in the pocono mountains, and there are tons of hills in ever direction you take. Just yesterday, I swapped the cobra exhaust off for the stock pipes, really only because they started to rust (cobra has a lifetime warranty on their chrome) just a week after having them installed. But, ill enjoy gaining back the 5-10 mpg I lost from them, and will probably keep the stock pipes.

And the DD when it's raining or snowing, or when I'm late for work (lol), is a 2011 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T SE. Car comes with sporty suspension, and has a pushbutton starter. It's a 6-speed automatic with the shiftronic, which can come in handy(sometimes). I normally only use the shiftronic feature to downshift, because shifting as soon as possible to get I to the highest gear doesn't seem worthwhile when I have a turbo that starts to spool really early in the RPMs. I have to admit, I love the turbo throwing back j to the seat waaaay too much, and that is cause for my relatively poor mileage (average is about 24-25mpg). The best tanks/mileage I have gotten from her is from a trip to Wilmington, NC, which netted me 594 miles down (35.8 mpg) and 587 miles back home (34.9) (both on a single tank (18.5 gallon tank)). This was the only time I have traveled conservatively and being 100% highway. Most of my driving is local and speeds range between 40 and 55, with all sorts of elevation changes. The only modification to the car is a K&N drop-in air filter. Car uses full synthetic (not sure the specs), tires set at 38 psi (35 recommended), and it 95% of the time empty (no junk in her trunk). I obviously have a long way to go to get better economy. With winter just around the corner, I know all I can do is practice before the crappy gas mix is out.

Thanks and sorry for the loooong intro.

It's great to finally be apart of this awesome community!