View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
bobo333
EcoModding Apprentice

F Truck - '77 Ford F100 2x4, single cab, lwb
90 day: 8.75 mpg (US)

Bombodore - '98 Holden Commodore Exec Wagon
90 day: 21.35 mpg (US)

Civic - '93 Honda Civic GL
90 day: 36.62 mpg (US)

Jim The Prius - '09 Toyota Prius
90 day: 36.66 mpg (US)
Ok so ive kept fuel logs for this car pretty much since i got it 5 years ago, in the time ive been driving it its averaged around 19mpg, with the best tank around 29mpg on a long highway trip interstate and the worst tank probably close to 12mpg towing a car trailer through the city.

Obviously i want to do more tanks closer to the 29mpg and try to beat it if i can

I havnt gone through a full tank since i got it back on the road last friday yet but it needs a good service and most of my driving had been suburban over the last few days so i doubt it will be a good tank, something to start from none the less.

When it did its best tank it didnt have the front bumper it does now or the roof basket, the new front bumper is much lower and more aero looking but with a bigger grill opening, and obviously the roof basket the worst thing i could possibly do lol, it will stay for day to day driving however as i use it all the time due to my boot being full of audio gear

I am thinking about ways to make a hitch mounted spare tire/luggage/tool holder for long highway trips

The tires will be replaced asap as the ones that came with the wheels are too big (both width and height) and are nearly worn out, i probably wont get the most eco tires available though as id rather have decent grip for hills driving

Some of the globes have already been replaced with LEDs and the rest will be when they need replacing, the headlights will also be replaced with a custom combo of HID and LED

Aero mods on the to do list are as much of a flat floor as i can do as well as possibly rear wheel covers, obviously the airbag suspension makes it easy to lower it for minimum drag on the highway, unfortunately the design of the rear suspension means i get lots of toe in and camber when i lower it, which im looking at getting fixed soon too

I think thats all for now, too many things going through my head i dont want to bore you all lol!

(Posted in 2020) 2009 Prius Off Road project: https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...ide-38366.html

(Posted in 2012) 1977 F100 Project: http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post310326