View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Quezacotl
Scandinavian creature

Golf ball - '94 Volkswagen Golf III
90 day: 28.46 mpg (US)
Close guess, Mono-motronic
Yeah, i was thinking about that i modify the existing motor, but then i decided to not to, because i have people willing to have cheap cruise control

The RPM way would be the way like you said. But actually i have thought that i make it that it can take either speed or mpguino instant signal. It shouldn't differ much if it is RPM or speed.

I have already rewritten the code so it can take pulses in(speed or whatever). But now i'm waiting that i get the new PCBs, so i can make another board and test the code.
I'm learning about the interrupts little by little. Now i'm at that stage that i have interrupts running on the buttons and the incoming signal.
After i get that to work and running safely, i will do the PID-control.

I was thinking about the worm gear structure too, or servo-motor, but then i couldn't figure out how to make it safe. How exactly the clutch-thing works on the aftermarket unit? I would imagine that it releases the cable everytime you press any pedal, or like you said, in emergency.

And about the pedals. The release signal must come from all the pedals(well not necessarily gas pedal). So far i have figured that i can take the brake pedal signal from same wire where brake light goes. But for the clutch pedal, i can't figure out any easy solution.
A micro switch would be the first that pops in mind, but in reality, it is quite cumbersome to install it. Any ideas?

Brrrmm
Now selling preassembled MPGuino's!
http://www.mthtek.net/mpguino/