Thread: Hey guys
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Sir. Have you ever considered the regular WRX?

http://www.cars.com/go/compare/trimC...,USC30AUC151B0

The WRX (non STi) is the same price as the Tacoma, but get's the Tacoma's highway mileage in the city. Seemingly better crash testing, honestly, it appears every area (other than ground clearance & torque) is better with the WRX.

The WRX saves over 10k off of the base STi, and is only lacking 40 hp and ~45 ft lbs.

The Audi does smash the WRX on fuel economy, but keep in mind the price of that fuel economy. Not meaning diesel is more, meaning the Auto Union (VW) needs more work and in the long run usually costs quite a bit more- if you plan on keeping her for a long time. Personally, the power trade off isn't worth the fuel economy trade off (plus the 2013 doesn't appear to offer a standard, only flappy/auto). Oh yea, the Audi is ~5k more.

All come standard with carpet, optional rubber. Ground clearance is 6.1" vs the STi's 5.9, Tacoma's 9.3, and the Audi's 4.3.

I selected the hatchs because I imagine you may want to haul some, based on the Tacoma. Keep in mind the WRX can tow, and there is a lot of info on that here. Things get better (in many ways, but not all) with just the Impreza, but I think the WRX is the best balance.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.