Thread: Hey guys
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 11:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsurprise View Post
I don't think I follow you here. Do you mean to say the Audi will require more repairs?

The reason I prefer the STI over the WRX is because of the strong 6 speed and the better suspension. I feel going with the WRX would be compromising, and that isn't something I really want to do on a new car. I want to make sure I get something I will be very happy with. I have been straying away from the Subaru though because of some reliability issues I have been reading about. It would appear that ringland failures are a common issue. I am still reading up on reliability a bit.

Thanks for the link and the spreadsheet. I like how you compared the total cost, as well as cost per mile. I am going to make my own little spreadsheet and throw some other vehicles up there lol.
Auto Union, especially diesels, have quite a few issues. I wasn't aware of them until I learned from so much experience on here. I noticed with friends who have had VWs, but I thought their cars turning to crap and falling apart was because they neglected them- but it seems to be more common.

I see your point on the 5 speed and suspension being compromised, but if that is your main point, the suspension can be done far better than what STi will do for much less. I am not familiar with reliability issues, the individuals I know with Subarus have never had issues, except some driver headlights (one first time owner has replaced 7 lol).

Keep in mind the WRX does have an upgraded suspension vs the Impreza. I suggested the WRX not to be a weak almost STi, rather, to keep many features of what you want in the Tacoma mixed with much better fuel economy and a decent amount of sportiness.

For the spreadsheet, I had it auto populating with formulas (makes it much easier).

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.