View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
101Volts
Master EcoModder

Woody - '90 Mercury Grand Marquis Wagon LS
Last 3: 19.57 mpg (US)

Brick - '99 Chevrolet K2500 Suburban LS
Last 3: 12.94 mpg (US)

M. C. - '01 Chevrolet Impala Base
90 day: 17.09 mpg (US)

R. J. - '05 Ford Explorer 4wd
90 day: 16.66 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
If it's for longer than what's recommended by the manual, sorry, sometimes I don't write out all of my thinking.

I'd go neutral, I imagine drive isn't very good for it- but I don't know your vehicle, just general autos. I try to be careful w/ autos and EOC, I'd utilize a kill switch if you plan on doing it fairly often. If it's for shorter period of times, I would think it would be okay as long as the transmission has time to cool off. I imagine it would need it, if it has those descriptions in the manual.

I'm not an expert, but I'd try to follow the guide as well as possible- at least the principles it suggests.
Thanks. I'm not sure what to do for an on-off switch though, I tried taking the fuel injector fuse out which turned the injectors off without touching the key but when I put the fuse back the van didn't restart (Edit: It didn't restart the fuel injectors) until after the key was turned off and to "Start" Again, So I don't think attaching an on-off (Normally on) switch to the fuse would work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylhouse View Post
Just a thought. Is it possible by keying off while in drive, the torque converter was still locked? When shifting to neutral, the engine has nit completely spun down, causing the noise. I had an f150 years ago Restart at 15 mph shifting from neutral to drive. just an idea
I don't know, But that's a good thought about the TC being locked. The last time I restarted from an EOC was at about 45 MPH and I've noticed the odd sound at speeds like about 30. I'm not sure how it would sound above 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101Volts View Post
... And the EOCing I was doing would go as high as maybe 57 and then stay in Then when time came to restart ...
Fixed - "And then I'd stay in Drive." Sorry!

Last edited by 101Volts; 10-28-2013 at 12:54 PM..