View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #277 (permalink)
jjackstone
Master EcoModder

Quote:
I don't want to offend anyone, but seeing people's reactions to my cars, I don't think a coroplast velomobile would be considered by some to be 'professional' or, more importantly, a valid form of transportation. I live in a conservative area and work at a major automotive manufacturer. If I'm trying to drastically reduce my car use, I'd better replace it with something deemed acceptable by the more conservative people around here.

One of the reasons I post here and make my vehicles stand out is to start a dialogue with the general public. If the average person dismisses the thing off the bat, it's harder to plant a seed in their mind about efficiency. The Probe's paint and strangeness attracted people, but the build quality did little to inspire them to follow in my footsteps. I'd like my velo to be a real class act, and something that true gear heads will want to inspect out of curiosity

You should probably look into a velomobile then. Quests are "only" about $10K. Or obviously build your own. Lightning F40s(2 wheeled faired bikes) are less expensive and quite fast. I'll link you to a couple quick and dirty homebuilt coros. Less than two weeks to build.

Two Coro-Veloliners - BentRider Online Forums

I did one similar a couple years ago and placed vinyl tape over the tie wraps for better aero.

So, see you at Battle Mountain next year?

JJ

Last edited by jjackstone; 10-28-2013 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: additional info